Traductor

domingo, 6 de mayo de 2012


Ich hatte ein Wort (I Had a Word) 

I had a word
a long, homespun one like guttering, with wheels,
narrow like a dugout or something that’s meant to channel cement
no more than a model, stream-lined and wind-swept, but mine


I had a word
a round one, round as an orange
now and then at midnight it lit up the whole interior for me
its fruit was overgrown as in nature
with a photo of the moon beside the bed

Someone has concealed the meaning from me
in a corner very far away hidden too
I’ve got no proof
di di di…


I had a word
an alien one, most inimical to me…
one day it grew with little heads on either side out of my skin
then in the morning we three mustered each other in the mirror 
and found it hard to believe – so unfamiliar

somehow it then also disclosed itself to me
no longer kept itself hidden in its corner
there was the proof
di di di…


I’ve travelled to the farthest corners 
in search of the meaning, of this proof
of a word I now finally know again
that I bore within myself that I will never surrender again
I will never ever surrender it again…

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario